Winter is my absolute favorite time of year! The cold air, snowy weather and running through it all, it’s exhilarating and cold!! This is the perfect time of year to come in from the cold and snow to a warm, nourishing bowl of soup!
I was craving a soup that was savory and filling! The ingredients in this soup are full of “good for you” nutrients that aid in recovery after workouts and double as a germ/cold fighter!Perfect soup to warm and nourish through the winter! #soup #recovery #nutrients #foodiechats Click To Tweet
Key ingredients such as garlic-known for its flu and cold fighting benefits and anti-inflammatory properties, black beans and butternut squash, which contain nutrients such as vitamin b6, magnesium and plant-based protein! The added tablespoon of turmeric is warm and anti-inflammatory as well! This soup is a sure winner in the recovery department after a run!!
One Pot Soup!! I use my deep Le Creuset Saute Pan !
- 2 shallots;
- 6 large cloves of garlic;
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon (Better Than Bouillon Brand);
- 1 package Butternut Squash Zoodles ( Veggie Noodle Company);
- 2 cups of cooked, cooled Black Beans;
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder;
- 3 cups of water
- Heat olive oil in pan;
- add chopped shallots and garlic;
- saute until golden;
- add cooked, cooled black beans;
- add water and 1 tablespoon of bouillon base;
- simmer,then add package of butternut squash zoodles
- cook everything until beans are very tender,but zoodles aren't mush!