After a long, cold winter; spring and summer are just around the corner! Today I am sharing a few of my essential items for spring and summer running!
- Early spring mornings or late evening runs can be a bit cool. I still love to wear my Athleta Spliced Fire Be Free Knickers with two front pockets and one back zip pocket! The light fabric keeps the chill away, but doesn’t make me overheat. I also love the ample pockets that are perfect for stashing an energy gel and my I-phone 4.
- You never know when spring showers are going to pop up! I love my Lululemon Lightweight Rain Jacket This water resistant jacket is light enough to wear over a light short/long sleeve running top or even a sport bra. This jacket has two zip pockets and a hood with draw strings!
Hydrate, Protect your Feet, Keep the Sun off your Head!
- A good brand of running socks is a must with warm and humid temps through the summer. Feetures Brand Running Socks are high performance moisture wicking to keep blisters at bay and feet dry and cool.
- I love my Amphipod Hand Held Water Bottle with a roomy zip pocket, large enough for my Iphone 5/6 and your room for a key phob, gel or chews! Hydration during long runs with heat and humidity is a must! This size is perfect for 10+ miles! Nuun and Skratch Labs are my two favorite “go-to” hydration mixes!
- A good hat or visor is important to keep the warm sun off your head and shield your eyes. A hat during warm, humid summer runs can keep your body temperature cool!
- Stridebox included this awesome Wrist Wallet last month in their box! Spring and summer running mean less layers and at times fewer pockets! This roomy stretch fit wallet is super for stashing essentials on a long run or in a race!
- Run Goo for Blister and Chafing Prevention during hot, humid or wet conditions in the spring and summer months or running is another essential item! We all know the painful effects of chafing! Ouch!
What are your spring and summer running essentials? Please share your ‘must-haves”!