The thought of fall races helps numb the pain of training through hot and humid southern Maryland summers! I wait with excited anticipation for fall to arrive with its crisp cool air and vibrant colors!
This fall my race schedule is filled with some local races! Surprise-no fall races on my schedule for Maine or the New England area! I know-shocking! This will actually be my first time ever, running
two three DC area races!
Five Fabulous Fall Races-
- The Navy Airforce Half marathon– in about three weeks! Gulp! I’m excited to run through the streets of DC near Georgetown and pass by many historic Washington DC Memorials! The website says its a flat and scenic course! – Sunday September 20, 2015 Discount Code Here
- Ragnar DC- A huge bucketList race for me! I’m excited to share this amazing experience with eleven other women on my team! However, running in the dark out on unfamiliar roads has me a bit nervous! I need to start thinking about running gear, food/fuel and other Ragnar essentials! Thanks to Lisa, at Lisa Runs for Cupcakes for organizing a team! October 2nd/3rd, 2015
- Annapolis Classic Half Marathon- I ran this race in late November two years ago. I love running through historic, downtown Annapolis! This race starts and finishes at the Naval Academy Stadium! This is the same course as the ZoomaRun Annapolis course, but without the month of May heat and humidity! I’m hoping the cool, fall weather will give me a new PR on this course! Saturday November 21, 2015 Discount Code Here
- Run 10 Feed 10- 10k DC Race – Yup, another DC race! Love that this race is for such a great cause! 6.2 miles through the streets of DC to help conquer domestic hunger! October 10th, 2015 Discount Code Here
- Solomon’s Island Jingle Bell Run 5k- A very local race! I’ve run this for the past four years! It’s a great way to jumpstart the holiday season! The proceeds go towards the national arthritis foundation. I’ve run on a team for a local student who battles juvenile arthritis. My own daughter-aka. Redhead, also runs this race with me! Saturday December 5th, 2015
Wow! Excited for fall races and fall weather! It will be fun to support these local races! Still not ruling out a late fall race somewhere in Maine!
Are any of these races on your fall schedule?