Several weeks ago, my daughter and I enjoyed lunch out at Panera Bread. I was excited to try the new “Broth Bowls”!
The above picture is the Panera Bread Broth bowl! I really enjoyed the flavorful, but light tasting broth. The bowl was full of tender lentils, quinoa, carrots and diced tomatoes with fresh spinach. I chose the cage free hard boiled egg as a protein. I savored every last bite and vowed to immediately recreate this recipe at home!
My Recipe: My Version Below!
- 1 cup precooked quinoa- set aside and add later!
- 1 cup presoaked and cooked lentils
- In a large deep sauté pan:
- Sauté 5 cloves chopped garlic and 1 large chopped shallot in olive oil
- Add 3 fresh chopped carrots
-Several grinds of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning
– 2 teaspoons of the following:
– Coarse Sea Salt
-1 vegetable bouillon cube
Continue with these recipe steps
3. Sauté all veggies and seasonings
4. Add 2 cups chopped fresh kale
5. Add 2 cups water and simmer everything Until All Veggies are Tender!
6. Stir in precooked quinoa and presoaked and cooked lentils
And 1 can, drained chopped diced tomatoes!
7. Top with 2 cups fresh chopped spinach- it will wilt from heat of soup!
8. Prepare hardboiled eggs for topping reheated soup each day for lunch!
Time Saver Tips:
- Presoak and precook 2 to 4 cups lentils and quinoa, then divide up into smaller portions. Freeze in freezer bags. Thaw before using in recipes!
This soup freezes well! I freeze 1 cup portions in freezer bags, then grab for lunch!